Thursday, June 16, 2011

Against All Odds With No Losses - The Rescue of Capt Roger Locher

One of my very dear friends and a Vietnam Veteran shared the link with me for the video below. WOW! Just WOW! It reminded me of how many stories of prior wars are out there that should be told or have been told but not heard by so many of us. My friend who shared this with me was the Commander of Company B (Bravo Co), 2-503rd, 173rd that was brought up on Okinawa and part of the first combat jump into Vietnam.

It also reminded me of another Vietnam Veteran friend of mine, Pete, who I've been meaning to write about for a few years now. I'll devote an entire post to Pete.

Meanwhile I hope you will watch this video about the rescue of Capt Roger Locher as told by Brig. Gen. Steve Richie.  I recommend tissues.  I am grateful EVERY day for the men and women who place everyone else before themselves to keep each other and our nation safe and free.

1 comment:

JihadGene said...

Loved this testimony LOOONG time!!! Can't wait to hear Pete's story related by you! RUV YA!!! JG ;)