Thursday, May 6, 2010

♫ Driving Along In My Automobile ♫ OR ♫ Miss American Pie ♫

A couple of weeks ago I posted about my new friends Connie and Jim  taking me to The Chicken Place in Ireland, Indiana.  Well we decided to go again tonight.  Best darn chicken livers EVER.  But that wasn't the best part about tonight.  Nope.

At 1800 I was standing in front of the hotel waiting for them to pick me up.  I couldn't believe it when they came driving up in this:


A 1955 Chevy Bel Air.  HOLY SMOKES!  I was grinning from ear to ear.  Connie hopped out and got in the back and I slid in on the split bench seat ready to cruise!  And cruise we did.  Jim pulled out onto the highway and off we went - west towards Ireland, Indiana.  The weather was PERFECT!  About 70 degrees.  Very little humidity.  Calm winds.  Windows down and breeze blowing through our hair as we cruised through town towards Ireland.

I don't know much about cars but I fell in love with this one.  I told Jim that if he ever divorced Connie (not a chance in hell) that I should be his first call.  But I told him it really was about the car.  As we drove toward our destination I was asking a few questions - trying to act like I knew a little about cars.  When I asked Jim about the size of the engine and the number of cylinders he FLOORED it.  The car ROARED to life and I squeeled like a little girl.

After dinner we went for a wonderful drive.  Honestly I'm so relaxed I could fall right to sleep but wanted to post this first.  THANK YOU  Jim and Connie for an incredibly wonderful evening all the way around.  Ahhhhhhhh

Now I'll leave you with a few more pictures








I WANT THAT CAR!

3 comments:

Kanani said...

WONDERFUL! I have great memories of traveling with friends along Highway 99 through the central valley in California in an aqua Station wagon --also a Bel Air.

JihadGene said...

SUHWEEET!!!

Susan Katz Keating said...

Oh, wow - that is gorgeous!